I just wanted to take a short commercial break from our regular programming to wish you all a happy New Year, and to talk a little about what’s coming in ’09 for PCT.
It’s hard to believe (at least for me) that the site isn’t even a year old yet. In ’08, we met a lot of very cool people in the t-shirt industry: bloggers like Colin from Troundup (whom we recently did a re-design for), and Gino from ColorOverload.
There’s a lot of other bloggers who have been generous in their coverage to PopCultureTees and we haven’t gotten to know them yet, but we hope to in ’09. Folks like Derek at Taddict, Coty, the guys at the T-Shirt Review and Buy-Tees.
We’ve also met some fantastic t-shirt designers and movers and shakers in the t-shirt industry. We’ve had some great conversations with Kamil over at Cameesa (I owe you an email!) and are excited to see how their community will be evolving over the new year. They have some great designers, very lovely tees for sale, and a new design in the works that I can’t wait to see.
(With my web designer’s eye turned on, I’ve watched their old one try and accommodate the new features they’ve been rolling out, and it looks like it’s pulling at the seams a little.)
All these conversations have taught us that at the core of successful blogging (about any topic) are the relationships that you develop with your readers.
So in that spirit, o loyal reader, I wanted to share some of our goals for 09, and invite your feedback for what YOU would like to see more of on PopCultureTees.
- Post more long-length, quality articles on t-shirt design, designing/developing your t-shirt store, marketing and selling.
- Move to a 7 day a week posting schedule (right now we generally post 5 days(ish) a week)
- Invite more guest authors to post. (We’ll be offering promo for your article out the wazoo, and some free advertising on the site. Interested? Or want to do some exchange posts? Email me!)
- Continue to promote and encourage our sister site and forum TeeDesignTalk. You haven’t registered yet? Go! Now! Hurry!
- And last but not least – we’re planning a few tweaks to the design to help folks find our best content more easily.